Retaining Wall Design & Installation
Benefits of Retaining Walls
A professional retaining wall or seat wall gives your outdoor space character and adds value to your property. Although retaining walls are often used simply to provide support to uneven ground, they can also be used as a seating area around a fire pit or offer privacy so you can enjoy small intimate gatherings in your backyard. Whatever your reason for wanting to add a retaining wall to your property, our skilled team can provide a first-class design along with expert installation.
- Add character and value to properties
- Can be used to create seating areas
- Support uneven ground
Add Structure & Ambience
A retaining wall is often added to property out of necessity, but it can certainly be made into part of the overall landscape design, making it a beautiful addition to your backyard. Materials such as concrete blocks or poured concrete are used for structural support, but it would be wise to consider other materials as well. Treated timbers, irregular rocks, or larger boulders can add refinement and sophistication to an otherwise simple backyard landscape.
Consider building a shorter retaining wall to add extra seating to your outdoor patio area. Do something creative such as forming a curve around a water fountain or flower bed. Design a free-standing seat wall around your concrete patio or swimming pool. If your desire is to add a seat wall to your backyard, our design team can make that a reality for you.
Our Building Process
Before constructing either a supporting retaining wall or a seat wall simply for comfort, our competent and expert team uses the following process:
- Forms a level base on which to build the structure
- Adds filler, such as gravel, for a firm foundation
- Considers drainage issues for a retaining wall with a slope
- Checks that the wall is 100% level after the addition of each layer
- Backfills as the layers are built to keep the wall supported during construction
- Considers any finishing touches to make the structure a unique part of your outdoor living space
At Prime Lawn, we are pleased to serve Newark, OH, and the surrounding areas of Granville, Heath, New Albany, and beyond. In addition to retaining walls and landscape design, we offer professional lawn care services, snow removal, landscape maintenance, and more. Contact us today at (740) 975-6000 to start discussing your project.